ROCIC MEMBERSHIP MEETING MINUTES
Hoover, AL | July 18, 2016
Chairman Jeff Long called the meeting to order.
*Chairman Long noted that the minutes from the March 7, 2016 Membership Meeting in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina were sent to each attendee by email prior to the conference. They are also posted on the ROCIC conference website located at www.rocic.com. Tommy Loving made a motion to accept the minutes, seconded by Joe Costa. Unanimous.
Chairman Long addressed the attendees and discussed the valuable training that will be provided this week and that there are approximately 350 in attendance.
Chairman Long discussed the 2016 Board Elections. The states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, and West Virginia will begin their new term in 2016. The election for North Carolina is to fulfill the unexpired term through 2018 and the Oklahoma election is to fulfill the unexpired term through 2017. Each of the candidates from these states were unopposed, therefore, per the Constitution and By-laws, no election is necessary. Chairman Long congratulated the following Board Members:
- Alabama: Sheriff John Samaniego – Shelby County Sheriff’s Office
- Florida: Colonel Donna Lusczynski – Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office
- Georgia: Sheriff John Cary Bittick – Monroe County Sheriff’s Office
- North Carolina: Major Mike Adams – Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department
- Oklahoma New Board Member: Sheriff Ron Lockhart – Sequoyah County Sheriff’s Office
- West Virginia New Board Member: Chief John Howell – Princeton Police Department
Secretary Jerry Philley announced that the following agencies were accepted for membership at the Board of Directors Meeting on July 17, 2016. These agencies include:
- • Andalusia Police Department, Andalusia
- • University of North Alabama Police Department, Florence
- • U.S. Marshals Gulf Coast Regional Fugitive Task Force, Birmingham
- • Wedowee Police Department, Wedowee
- • Centerton Police Department, Centerton
- • Dyer Police Department, Dyer
- • Eudora Police Department, Eudora
- • U.S. Marshal’s Service – Western District of Arkansas, Fort Smith
- • Mexico Beach Police Department, Mexico Beach
- • North Port Police Department, North Port
- • Cochran Police Department, Cochran
- • Dunwoody Police Department, Dunwoody
- • Georgia Department of Driver Services, Conyers
- • Gwinnett County Fire and Emergency Services, Lawrenceville
- • Liberty County Sheriff’s Office, Hinesville
- • Peachtree City Police Department, Peachtree City
- • Sylvester Police Department, Sylvester
- • Waynesboro Police Department, Waynesboro
- • Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office, Burkesville
- • Pennyrile Narcotics Task Force, Hopkinsville
- • Delhi Police Department, Delhi
- • East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office, Baton Rouge
- • Minden Police Department, Minden
- • St. Martinville Police Department, St. Martinville
- • University of Louisiana – Lafayette Police Department, Lafayette
- • Welsh Police Department, Welsh
- • Florence Police Department, Florence
- • Hernando Police Department, Hernando
- • McIntosh County Sheriff’s Office, Eufala
- • Vian Police Department, Vian
- • York Police Department, York
- • Nashville Fire Department – Arson Investigation Unit, Nashville
- • Fort Worth Police Department, Fort Worth
- • McLennan County Sheriff’s Office, Waco
- • Midlothian Police Department, Midlothian
- • King and Queen County Sheriff’s Office, King and Queen Courthouse
- • Russell County Sheriff’s Office, Lebanon
- • Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles – Law Enforcement, Richmond
Chairman Long thanked everyone for their support during his term as Chairman. He also recognized and thanked Vice-Chairman Tommy Loving and Secretary Jerry Philley for their service as Board Officers this year.
Executive Director Williams presented a gavel to Chairman Long in appreciation of his term as Board Chairman. Chairman Long asked for any unfinished business or any new business.
*There being no further business, a motion was made by Joe Costa, seconded by Tommy Loving, to adjourn the meeting. Unanimous.
The meeting was adjourned.